CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

i want to go somewhere


3 days off
I don’t want to sit at home
I would only end up
picking weeds
& watching old movies
in the heat of the day

I want to fill up the gas tank
damn the cost
And go somewhere
To greenness
And water
Preferably with a tent
But I know most
Campgrounds
Are filled

I don’t care about the
Fireworks
I care that I have time
And health
And choices

my friends all seem to be
staying at home
working on projects
& others are camping in
the desert
I’d rather pick weeds
& watch old movies at home
than camp in 100 degree heat

But having
Somebody to do things with
Would be nice
I have a full tank
A lead foot
& an empty passenger seat

any takers?

2 comments:

Raindog said...

I'll meet you on PCH...Raindog

Anonymous said...

nila, we had a great time in the white mountains and missed you...

i wrote extensively about our trip on my blog but haven't got pics up yet

next time

are you burning this year? where are you camping?